Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lets get this show on the road!

I've never done the blog thing before, but hey what else do I have to do with my time? I mean other then change diapers, clean the house, compose care packages and live life. 

My name is Alyssa. I am the mommy to a precious baby boy, who is currently five months old (3 months adjusted age). Yes my peanut was a preemie. I am the wife to an infantry soldier in the army. I'm also a daughter, a sister, a friends, and a rambling maniac. 

My husband has been deployed for four months, and I'm an unwilling participant. That's right.. I hate every moment of it.. Forget how proud we as the wives are..or how wonderful it is to be married to someone doing something great for his country..I'd just like my husband home. Stop judging me. Of course I'm proud. Of course I admire my husbands courage and hard work..but really.. I JUST WANT HIM HOME!

My son is what keeps me spinning..and tired, and crazy..and irritable! But I wouldn't change that for the world. He is the happiest, most adorable little boy, and truly I could not ask for a better baby. Unless World War Three has taken place in his diaper (which happens almost daily), he is smiling and babbling away! Being a mom is the most rewarding thing I have ever done.

I love to read, write, laugh and complain. I do all four quite well. Oh did I forget to mention shop? I've got a masters in shopping...That's right folks..most of you are spending four + years in college for degrees. I was BORN with mine!
I'm extremely opinionated about the things I feel most passionate about..but don't take offense. I think everyone has the right to have their own opinion, and the right to express it. I won't bite your head off for disagreeing with mine.
Now on to this little "Questions for your introduction blog" bullshit....enjoy!




Are you a planner or a procrastinator?
I like to plan things out, down to the tee. And then I procrastinate doing the things I planned.

Diet or regular (soda)?
Psssh. Diet..Are you joking? Not if it were the last drink on earth. No really..not even if I were in the desert.

What's your one "must have" for Fall?
People have fall must haves? I'm not that sophisticated. 

What's your favorite fast food restaurant?
I truly do not have a favorite. Whichever heart attack in a bag looks most appealing at the time! 

 What is something you’d like civilians to understand about being a military family?
 No, you don't understand what it's like to have your husband deployed. Really, you don't. It is NOTHING like when your husband works late, or he goes to Chicago for the weekend for business. Oh and you don't know how we do it? Well allow me to explain...my husband, the man I married "for better or worse.." is off in Afghanistan fighting a war. When I vowed better or worse, it was not closely followed by.."except if you deploy." If you don't know how I do it..you probably shouldn't be married..Because God forbid there is ever a draft and they take your husband..
...JUST SAYIN!  
  
What is your favorite mistake?
When my husband and I were lovey-dovey, mushy gushy, high school sweethearts, we were driving one day and he asked for a kiss, so I took my unfocused little eyes off the road and kissed him. We then veered up the curve and right into someones mailbox! OOPS!
 ...Are you laughing at me? I WOULD BE!

What indulgence could you give up for a year?
Ha! Sorry hubby..but no, my answer here will NOT be shopping. I guess if I really had too, I would forfeit my lifelong pass to Starbucks. But oh how I'd miss me a Cinnamon Dolce Latte, or since it's fall.. a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Oh my goodness, I want one now, just thinking about it!

Do you have kids?
  I am a mommy to (what I consider) the sweetest, most handsome, perfect baby boy in the whole wide world! (come on guys what mom doesn't think such things of her babies?!)  He was born 7 weeks early and was my little peanut baby! I cannot believe how quickly he has grown up. I'm getting mushy just thinking about it.. I think I better stop now!

Are you a sarcastic person? 
Oh, you mean you couldn't tell? I'm sarcastic more often then not. And I promise you I am not being a bitch. It's just who I am...And no...that wasn't me being sarcastic. Really... people often confuse my sense of humor for me being a bitch.. It's rather sad.

What book are you reading?
I just bought "Dirty Sexy Politics" by Meghan McCain. Don't judge me. I'm about to be a little controversial.. I do not...I REPEAT..DO NOT LIKE MCCAIN. I didn't like him when he was running for president and I DON'T like him now. Hey everyones allowed to have an opinion. So back to the point. I saw Meghan on the Jane Vallez Mitchell show..Or whatever the hell that ladys name is..ya know, the one who comes on after Nancy Grace..Anyways.. I saw Meghan on a tv show..and I was attracted to her personality. I was turned off at her poor talk about President Obama.."I just don't like the man." However, I guess I'd be pretty bitter if he beat my dad out of the presidency too.
So tonight I plan to start reading that..and well we shall see..

What do you think about gay marriage?
Absolutely. Go for it! Who cares what anyone else thinks? MY God loves unconditionally. He doesn't care who you screwing' or who you married. No but seriously. I'm for it. Who has the right to judge who someone else can marry? If you don't like it, respectfully decline to attend the wedding folks! 

Okay imaginary followers who I'm sure are just dying for my first post! I have answered the questions. And now I'm on a quest to begin this book..

Peace & Love <3 
AA


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love!