Sunday, June 5, 2011

Simply Complex

I like to think of myself as a simple woman, with a complex mind. Some may think this makes me less simple..I simply think it makes me more interesting! I fancy the little things in life.- Things others take for granted, Things easily over looked. Active communication, and open conversation is a must. I'm a sucker for a good surprise, and I love to be in love. I like to see people smile, and if you can make me laugh, you've probobly stole my heart, atleast a little bit. I'd take Sunflowers or Daisys over diamonds. (Although, I don't mind diamonds.) I think that happiness and love are ultimatly the best gifts someone can give you. I like to think I'm a simple woman. Someone who seeks the little joys in life. I like to enjoy the moment, but sometimes that complex mind that I spoke of...well it gets in the way. It just does. Sometimes I wish I could put my mind on the back burner, and enjoy the moment a little more. But the truth is, I cannot turn off who I am. And sometimes I think my heart has something to do with the way my mind works too.

Is it possible to be a lover of the simple things, yet have such a complex mind? I often contemplate situations I wish I could just dive into. I argue with myself about what is right and what is wrong. I find happiness in situations I sometimes feel I should avoid. I find myself vacationing in situations that make my heart beat fast, and put butterflys in my belly. However, my mind often reminds me, I'm JUST vacationing. And like any good vacation, the end is the worst part. So what do we do? Do we allow ourselves to "vacation" in these places that make our hearts beat fast, even if it makes our mind spin.... Even if we don't know where we'll land? Or should we forever "live" in situations that feel safe?

Ultimately, the question remains; Is it logical to live for the beating of your heart?


I like to think of myself as a simple woman. One who puts thought into the things she does, and the way she lives. I like to think of myself as a lover of the simplest of things...Someone who is easy to please, and easy to love. But the truth is, I'm simply complex.



Thoughtfully Yours,
AA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love!