Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Partys Over

So my pity party has ended. Actually it ended the afternoon it began, but that's beside the point. I have gotten to talk to my husband a couple times via Yahoo Messenger, and this morning I even got to hear his voice!


Yesterday, Hubby and I had a most enjoyable conversation about the future. In previous convos, he had seemed a little down...and there's nothing I hate more then that! But yesterday I found hope and aspiration in his words. He spoke of wanting to go to Ranger School, and getting a sleeve tattooed. *So hot, if you ask me!*                                   
Most my life, I have settled. Settled for C's. Settled for simple dinner fixes. Settled for content instead of happy. I'm tired of settling. Before my husband left, I had SETTLED on going to hair school when he returned. Do I love hair? Yes. Do I want to do it for the rest of my life? No. But it would be quick, and it would bring home a paycheck. I do like quick. I could settle on easy. But why settle? Why not do something I've dreamed of doing? Why not work hard, and be something I can be proud of?
I'm over settling. I'm done choosing easy. And I'm done thinking I won't be good enough. So there you have it, in January, I plan to take pre req's online, and when my husband returns from this deployment, I will push myself. I will go to school. I will make it. I will do something enjoyable with my life.



In other news, my husbands computer was acting up and so he mailed it home to his brother to be fixed. Thank you USPS, for completly terrorizing the box. My husbands computer screen is now trashed. My smart husband did purchase $1,500 worth of insurance on the thing, so hopefully tomorrow when I bring it to the post office to make an insurance claim, they do something about it.


Today I dug out my external so all of his pictures and videos from deployment can be put on there, and I am rather excited about seeing these pictures and videos. Any glimpse I can get of where he is, or more importantly, HIM, is like a million dollars at this point. I cannot describe how much I miss that man...there just aren't words for that. So needless to say, I'm over the moon excited his computer took a shit, and these pictures and videos will now be available for my enjoyment. I am NOT however over the moon that the post office trashed the computer on the way here and it is now nonfunctional completely.

Other then that, not much is new on the home front. My baby boy will be six months old tomorrow, and I can hardly believe it. It's his half birthday..six months since that day? Six months worth of growing and learning as a first time mom. I get sad just thinking about how I will never have those first six months back. They have been the most enjoyable, and rewarding six months of my life, and I honestly feel like nothing I do will ever be as important as this. My son is my whole world. Between him and my husband, I have everything I could ever dream of. They are my happy place. So baby boy, happy half birthday tomorrow. You are forever my baby.
I cannot wait to experience the next 6 months, and all the years to follow.

I'll leave you all with that. And promise to update again soon. If not for your reading enjoyment, then to keep my sanity! Hope everyone has a good week, and don't forget to tune into Sons of Anarchy tonight! It's sure to be amazing! <3



--Double A <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love!