Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's Been Crazy

I know I have been MIA lately. Things have been just a little crazy around here!
My baby boy would not sleep what so ever for about 4 days. He just screamed every time I laid him down. So I took him into the pediatricians office, and come to find out he has an ear infection! POOR BUBBA! That was Friday. So they started him on Amoxicilian, and he felt better immediately! Without surprise, Sunday morning I woke up sick as a dog. Monday I took MYSELF to the doctors, and got a ZPACK. Today is the first day I am feeling better, and boy am I grateful for that.
My poor J had to have surgery today. Ya see, when he was born, he was only four pounds, eight ounces. He was seven weeks premature, and spent twenty three days in the NICU. The hospital he was born in does not perform circumcisions on preemies! They tell you to speak with their pediatrician upon discharge. My son's pedi. in turn, referred us to a urologist. The Urologist would not circumcise him, until he had put on some weight, as he was already almost two months old. When a baby is this old, the circumcision is performed in the operating room, under general anesthesia. We had to weight until J was six months old. SO TODAY WAS THE BIG DAY! He could only have clear liquids after midnight, and nothing after 3 am. So at 2 am when he woke up, Jax got apple juice and water in his bubba. The apple juice gave him a gassy belly, in turn making him miserable. I went to bed at 1:30, which was terribly stupid of me. Little did I know our day would begin at 2 am. Jax screamed his head off. By the time we got to the hospital at 7:30 am, he was starving, and miserable. Overall, surgery went great. We are now home, and relaxing. Hopefully recovery is not to bad.
I'm hoping and praying this is the end of our terrible streak.
In the last three months, I have had emergency surgery to have my gall bladder removed, had to take my son to Detroit to see a specialist, my car got hit while parked in a parking lot, my sons formula was recalled- ultimately making him sick, he then could not adjust to new formula (either he was constipated or refused to eat), then the ear infection, then I was sick, and now surgery. I'm hoping we have had our fair share, and are now on the road to brighter days!

In happier news, I got to hear my husbands voice today, which made my week, or possibly my month. I miss that man, more then words can describe. I'm working on a fantastic Christmas surprise for him, and cannot wait to have him receive it!

Other then that, my days have consisted of an unhappy child, and a tired me! I'll update more when the days become more enjoyable! Hope everyone is having a better month then I!

<3 AA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love!